I am an experienced Executive Leadership Team Coach and trainer whose primary focus is leadership and team development. I will create the safe environment and space for teams and individuals, to enable working with new information, ideas, values, beliefs and attitudes that allows the ‘holding and exchange’ of current reality and what might be.
Coaching through transformational leadership generates high-performing teams, and it’s these teams that are able to work with the challenges facing organisations:
- Strategic thinking, prioritisation, purposeful decision-making, and getting up to speed with the challenge ahead
- Developing others, inspiring and motivating your workforce to work smarter
- Team Leadership: where to start when taking over a new team, instil pride within a team, support team development and growth
- Guiding change through the challenge of managing, mobilizing, understanding, and leading change. Overcoming resistance to change, and deal with employees’ reaction to change
- The challenge of managing relationships, politics, and gravitas. Gaining managerial support and managing up; getting buy-in from other departments, groups, or individuals.
My coaching style is grounded in physical, intellectual and emotional being that can be the first connection to opening doors to potential. I bring the qualities of mindfulness, immediacy and presence that establish a relationship and nurtures rapport.
I have over 20 years experience of working in blue chip organisations, including local and central government. In addition, I have valuable project leadership experience having worked for technology start-ups.
I have over 12 years experience from the Royal Air Force, having worked in operational, security and logistical leadership roles and understands first-hand the cultural differences that global companies face having worked in Africa, Middle East, Europe, Asia, North and South America.
These include: Zurich, Home Office, Police, BskyB, Border Force, LexisNexis, BBC, Siemens, SchlumbergerSema, News International, BetFair, AIMIA, Transport for London, COLT, Warner Brothers, Computacenter, The Pensions Regulator. For the last couple years he has also worked on a voluntary basis for WYSE, a not-for-profit youth leadership organisation, in addition to mentoring at Wormwood Scrubs Prison. Mark has also mentored young adults as part of Teens and Toddlers Charity.
Qualifications & Associations
- Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching & Development – Postgraduate study options / MSc
- EMCC Accredited Professional Coach (Senior Practitioner) – http://www.emccouncil.org/uk
- APMG Change Management Practitioner Certification – http://www.apmg-international.com/
- Systemic Team Coaching Certificate – Academy of Executive Coaching
- Lean / Kanban Practitioner (LKU) – http://edu.leankanban.com/
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM – Scrum Alliance) – www.scrumalliance.org
- Certificate in Social Sciences / Diploma in English Law / Bachelor of Law (Hons)
- Coaching Qualification – http://www.open.ac.uk/